Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Samantha's Christmas Dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm curious about the first version of Samantha's Christmas dress that was more red in color. It seems somewhere I've read that the lace was different. Does anyone know if there was a problem with the dye transferring to the doll. Might that have been the reason they changed to the current cranberry-colored fabric?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the current version of Sam's Christmas dress, and I love the deep, cranberry red color. The only other version I saw had heart shapes in the lace and the more true red color.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure if Sam's true red dress is ugly but think my wanting it is mostly about wishing for something I really can't have!! Her cranberry party dress is very pretty and because it's available from AG probably my better choice. Thanks so much for your opinions and the pictures.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have pictures in my Christmas album and in my dolls album. It's an ugly bright red color. There are three different versions of lace on the Christmas dress. There is flowers with stems, heart shapes and flowers with no stems. Mine is bright red, flowers with stems. I think the current version is much prettier!

    I don't think the dye transfered to the doll. I haven't ever had a problem with it but I don't leave my girls dressed for long periods of time.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 14, 2005 01:00 PM: Message edited by: QNPoohBear ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •